1918 Arlington Avenue North Wellness Policy
Duluth, MN 55811-2034
- The Arrowhead Juvenile Center (AJC) is a division of Arrowhead Regional Corrections. AJC is licensed by the MN Department of Corrections and has a total of 48 beds; twenty-four beds are designated for detention, and 24 are designated for treatment.
- Treatment interventions include cognitive skills, anger management, social skills training, sex offender programming, culturally and gender specific services, and chemical dependency treatment.
- Medical and mental health services are provided by licensed practitioners on site and referred out as needed. Males and females are managed separately to accommodate gender specific programming.
- Admission to AJC detention is determined based on detention criteria and the alleged offense. A detention hearing is held to determine if a juvenile will be released or held for additional hearings.
- If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child who has been arrested and admitted into the Juvenile Detention Center, you will receive a call from our intake staff.
- Admission to an AJC treatment program is based on program criteria and must be ordered in Juvenile Delinquency Court.
Traveling North on 35W-take left exit 255A toward 21
Traveling South on Highway 53-take a left on Arrowhead Road (Menards on left).Follow Arrowhead Road 2.6 miles to Arlington Avenue (2